Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Perseverance

Every morning I get on the treadmill before I get ready for work. It amazes me how different mornings bring different physical feelings. There are some mornings I begin my workout and jog easily for the allotted time and the time goes quickly. Then there are some mornings I feel like I am running with hundred pound weights on my legs and time drags. I have wondered about what is the difference between one morning and the next.

But it also brings me to consider what Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith." My spiritual life seems to be similiar to my physical workouts. There are days when my prayer time seems to soar - I am focused on Christ, I truly meet with Him and rejoice in the time. Then there are days when I am distracted and struggle to keep my mind focused and have to plead with God to keep my eyes on Him. My daily desire is to serve Him and keep my thoughts and desires focused on Him but there are days when "For that which I do I know not: for not what I would, that do I practice; but what I hate, that I do." Rom. 7:15

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I so understand what you are saying. Thanks for the encouragement to know others struggle just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great, in our weakness and flesh, we serve a God who is our Strength and help.
    ( I have found a prayer journal helps with keeping me focused during prayer...I think I need to pull it out and start writing my requests down again)

    ReplyDelete